Wednesday, 2nd September 2020
Christian Religious Studies 2 (Essay) 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Christian Religious Studies 1 (Objective) – 11:30am – 12:30pm
1 - 10: CBBCCADCDC
You are to answer FOUR Questions in All
One Question from each section!!!
The Fourth Answer must be from Section A or B
FROM SECTION A (1 to 4)
FROM SECTION (5 to 7)
FROM SECTION C (8 and 9)
Please do not answer two questions from Section A(1 to 4)
After the prayer of Moses to God to appoint a leader to replace him so that an Israel would not be without a leader. God instructed him to Joshua the son of Nun, a man with the spirit of God and lay his hand upon him. He told Moses to make him stand before Eleazer, the priest and the entire congregation. He should be commissioned before the people and this would make the people obey him as soon as he becomes a leader.
Prior to the above, Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent out and his courage gave a lot of support to the people. Also, he was a man of faith and through his faith, the people actually overcome at the end.
The instructions God gave to Joshua on his assumption of leadership over Israel.
1. God assured Joshua of his victory and success in leadership assignments.
2. The book of the law should not depart from the mouth of Joshua.
3. Joshua should meditate on the book of the law day and night in other to do what is written on it.
4. By doing what is written on the book of the law, he would make his way prosperous Continuation
and success would come to his way.
5. God directed Joshua on how to conquer the city of Jericho and the people were to match against it for seven days.
(i)political leaders are expected to be courageous
(ii)Political leaders are expected to lead the people by the law of God
(iii)Political leaders are expected to be good examples before the people that they are leading.
Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands
- toward heaven and said: “Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. You have kept your promise to your servant David my father; with your mouth, you have promised and with your hand, you have fulfilled it—as it is today.
- “Now Lord, the God of Israel, keep for your servant David my father the promises you made to him when you said, ‘You shall never fail to have a successor to sit before me on the throne of Israel if only your descendants are careful in all they do to walk before me faithfully as you have done.’ And now, God of Israel, let your word that you promised your servant David my father come true.
- “But will God really dwell on the earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God.
- Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place.
(i) By identifying and providing peculiar needs of their society
(ii) By building industries and productive infrastructure capable of creating employment opportunities
(iii) By committing resources to the improvement of human capital through scholarships and grants
The call of the first disciples has it that Jesus was walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea and He said to them "follow me and I will make you fishers of men". Immediately, they left their net and followed him. Going a little bit further from there, he saw James and John, the sons of Zebedee mending their nets with their father in the boat. He called them and they followed him.
(i) Quest for material things
(ii) Trial and persecution
(iii) Sins of the flesh
In the evening of the day of crucifixion, a rich man called Joseph of Arimathea who was also a disciple of Jesus went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Pilate ordered that the body of Jesus be given to him. Joseph, therefore, took the body of Jesus and wrapped it in clean linen and laid it in his own new tomb. He rolled a great stone at the entrance of the tomb and departed. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were there sitting opposite the Sepulchre.
(i) Spending too much money on food and drink to entertain people after the burial.
(ii) Buying expensive casket
(iii) Money spent in depositing the corpse in a mortuary.
The prayer of the righteous is very powerful in its working (or, operation).” James has just exhorted us to “pray for one another, so that you may be healed.” This may refer to healing from illness, especially illness that may be the result of unconfessed sin. Or, it may refer also to spiritual healing, since James has instructed us to confess our sins to one another. But his point is that whether your need is physical or spiritual, prayer is very powerful. But, he qualifies it. In other words, if we have been justified by faith, we stand before God with a righteousness that is not our own. If you think that you can approach God through your righteousness, you do not understand the gospel. The gospel shuts us all up under sin, showing that our own righteousness will never satisfy God’s holy.
(ii)It’s built into our very existence. Because we are created in His image, God’ image, we are to mimic Christ-like behaviour.
(ii)Prayer is an avenue to resolution, the path to finding an answer to a problem. It provides insight to our dilemmas and tough decisions.
You can subscribe now to enjoy early subscription benefits..
2021 EXAM DATES
NECO: 5th July - 16th August
WAEC: 16th August - 30th Sept
Answers to be sent midnight or a day before exam.
Note: There is nothing like JAMB Score upgrading and we don't do it. Please disregard anyone impersonating us trying to scam you with JAMB Score Upgrading.